In the spirit of open source, the code for this blog is available for your inspection. You can get a good sense for what has been done piece by piece since the initial commit which was a result of:
django-admin.py startproject --template=https://github.com/pinax/pinax-project-blog/zipball/master ppb
We made a few enhancement and additions to the default
suit our needs.
- We added a command to generate release notes posts which you can read more about in How We Generate Release Notes
- We added tagging support by integration django-taggit
- We added related posts when viewing post detail
- We integrated the ACE editor for better editing experience in the admin.
- We added some other sections that we will post under.
- We added and improved upon how our post details show up in social sharing sites doing so by implementing various OpenGraph properties.
- We added a search form to take advantage of
pinax-blog's search capabilities.
- We listed and linked sections navigation on the sidebar
- We began the implementation of a custom design to suit Pinax.